Post-Secondary Summer Student Hiring Program
Competition Number: 21006
Job Title: Post-Secondary Summer Student Hiring Program
Department: Public Works Services
Employment Type: Summer Student
Posted Date: February 12, 2021, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 26, 2021, 11:59 pm
Last Modified: February 16, 2021, 1:44 pm
Post-Secondary Summer Student Hiring Program - 2021
The City of Courtenay is accepting applications from post-secondary students interested in summer employment with the Roads Maintenance and Parks Maintenance Divisions within the City this year.
Duties may include:
- General labour based assistance in maintenance of roads, parks and other City infrastructure;
- Picking up garbage and litter in public areas;
- Operating light trucks and equipment, hand and power tools.
- Grade 12 or equivalency
- Full-time enrolment in a recognized post-secondary educational institution
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to understand and carry out job related instructions
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job
This is a union position and subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE, Local 556. The current hourly wage rate is $17.98 per hour based on a 40 hour work week. An additional 4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation. This position is available for 4 months (May – August 2021).
Please submit your resume outlining how you meet the above qualifications along with a covering letter marked “Application – Summer Student” by 11:59 pm on March 26, 2021. To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.