Program Instructor – Youth Programs
Competition Number: 21040
Job Title: Program Instructor – Youth Programs
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services Department
Employment Type: Part-Time, Casual
Salary: $16 - $20 depending on experience and qualifications
Posted Date: July 23, 2021, 12:00 am
Closing Date: August 8, 2021, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: August 9, 2021, 5:59 am
Status: Open Until Filled
Courtenay Recreation’s The LINC Youth Centre is looking for a fun and energetic individual who enjoys working with youth to join our dynamic team!
Develop your leadership and facilitation skills while working with children and youth 5-18 years in structured and unstructured environments. Continue to learn and grow in the field of Recreation while enjoying team work, collaboration and serving the public! This is a non-union, casual position.
As a program instructor you are responsible for supervising and facilitating drop-in activities at The LINC Youth Centre and Indoor Skatepark and have the opportunity to plan, facilitate or assist in our pre-registered programs for youth. Hours are variable and may include daytime, evenings, and weekends. Wage $16 - $20 depending on experience and qualifications.
- Applicants must have previous experience working with children and/or youth
- Applicants must be willing to work afterschool, evenings and weekends
- Applicants must possess First Aid (or be willing to obtain)
- Ability to instruct special hobbies or skills such as dance, art, sports, skateboarding, scootering or cooking is an asset.
- Applicants must consent to complete a criminal record check
- Applicants must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and maintain a level of confidentiality with program participants, volunteers, staff and the public
- Class 4 Drivers License and Food Safe certifications are an asset
- Experience and/or certificates in recreation, education, human services or equivalent will be preferred
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume through the APPLY button below. We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
No additional documents available for this post.