Relief Adapted & Inclusive Programming Supervisor
Competition Number: 20043
Job Title: Relief Adapted & Inclusive Programming Supervisor
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services Department
Employment Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Posted Date: December 18, 2020, 12:00 am
Closing Date: January 10, 2021, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: February 19, 2021, 12:24 pm
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the temporary position of "Adapted & Inclusive Programming Supervisor” in the Recreation Programming Division of the Recreation & Cultural Services Department. This is a union position and is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
The successful candidate will assist in identifying community recreation needs and develop services for individuals with disabilities within the Comox Valley. They will facilitate the planning, development and implementation of recreation programs, activities and special events for individuals with disabilities. As well as establish and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with community groups and other recreation departments. Other tasks include: providing resources, education and referrals on services, accessibility and other issues relating to those with disabilities; supervising program instructors and volunteers; and assisting in the preparation and maintenance of budgets while also pursuing grant opportunities.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Diploma or Degree in Recreation, Special Education or a related discipline from a recognized Education institution or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Valid Class 4 Driver’s License
- Current Criminal Record Clearance
- Current First Aid Emergency Level-Industry and CPR Level A & C
- Food Safe Certificate
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with individuals who have disabilities
- Must have excellent working knowledge of community resources
- Some supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of recreation and community service needs, along with philosophies, principles and practices of community recreation program development, implementation and delivery
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, time-management, conflict resolution, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Good computer skills, experience with ActiveNet or similar recreation software programs
- Thorough knowledge of recreation marketing strategies and techniques
- Ability to recruit, train, plan, assign and direct the work of personnel, as well as lead, coach and motivate program instructors and volunteers in a team environment
- Ability to deal effectively with partners such as community and user groups and the general public
- Ability to provide and promote positive values and recreational social benefits
- Physical ability to lift heavy objects such as tables and equipment
This is a temporary full-time position available immediately until the return of the incumbent. Hours of work are generally 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The 2020 hourly wage rate is $34.27.
Interested persons with the above qualifications should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a cover letter through the APPLY button below, no later than 4:00 p.m. on January 10, 2021.
Notice Posted December 18, 2020
No additional documents available for this post.