Relief Computer Technician
Competition Number: 20040
Job Title: Relief Computer Technician
Department: Information Technology Division
Employment Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Posted Date: October 15, 2020, 12:00 am
Closing Date: November 1, 2020, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: November 2, 2020, 10:16 am
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the relief position of "Computer Technician” in the Information Technology Division of the Corporate Support Services Department. This is a union position and is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
Primary responsibilities include:
- assisting in the planning, prioritizing, and evaluation of daily repairs and maintenance of computer systems
- providing help desk support and first line maintenance and repairs on PCs and related equipment
- providing remote assistance and deployment of software
- developing and maintaining current equipment inventory records and purchasing small equipment and software
- assisting the Network Technician in the daily operation of the Local Area Network and carrying out fixes as directed
- assisting in the installation and maintenance of server hardware and software as directed by the Network Coordinator
- monitoring, inspecting, maintaining, and assisting in repairing the wireless stations
Minimum qualifications include:
- Diploma or Degree in information technology/computer science from a recognized post-secondary institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- valid BC Class 5 Driver's License
- current Criminal Record Clearance
- thorough knowledge of Windows operating systems, desktop computers, printers, and a wide variety of software applications including deployment of imaged systems
- ability to work within a triaged help-desk environment
- sound knowledge about monitoring system operations and security
- strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management, analytical and problem solving skills
- ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- ability to function with ever-changing deadlines and priorities
- physical ability to frequently work in awkward positions, lift heavy items such as computer equipment, use small hand tools, and occasionally climb ladders and carry out work on rooftops
This is a temporary full-time position available immediately for approximately 4 months or until the return of the incumbent. Hours of work are generally 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The 2020 hourly wage rate is $33.16.
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below by November 1, 2020. We sincerely thank all applications; however, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Notice Posted October 15, 2020
No additional documents available for this post.