Summer Camp Junior Leaders
Competition Number: 20008
Job Title: Summer Camp Junior Leaders
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary Position: June 15, 2020 to September 4, 2020
Salary: $16 - $20/hour + 4 % in lieu of vacation
Posted Date: February 12, 2020, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 8, 2020, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 26, 2020, 1:55 pm
Junior Camp Leaders are responsible for implementing activities for summer camp participants in the areas of leisure hobbies, sports, cooking, STEM, performing arts, culture, physical literacy, socialization and outdoor exploration. You are responsible for providing direct supervision, instruction and leadership to all participants while promoting healthy lifestyle choices through the incorporation of physical activities and educational components. Summer Camp Junior Leaders will support volunteers in their leadership development. Summer programs are facilitated both on and off site and candidates must be comfortable supervising participants in those settings.
We are hiring for up to 40 hours per week June 15th – September 4th. Wages range from $16-$20/hour +4% in lieu.
Please note the position(s) you are applying for in your cover letter.
- Applicants must be available to work from June 15th through to September 4th, 2020 between the hours of 7:45am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday;
- Applicants must have First Aid and CRP C certification or willing to obtain;
- High Five, Physical Literacy Training, Food Safe, & NLS certifications are an asset;
- Applicants must have previous experience working with children;
- Ability to instruct special hobbies or skills such as dance, art, skateboarding, scootering and cooking is an asset;
- Applicants must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and maintain a level of confidentiality with program participants, volunteers, staff and the public.
- Must have completed or currently be completing Grade 10.
- Consent to complete a criminal record check.
To submit your cover letter and resume, click on the "Apply" button below.
We will start reviewing applications for this position on March 8, 2020 but this posting will remain open until all positions are filled.
No additional documents available for this post.