Summer Finance Student
Competition Number: 20015
Job Title: Summer Finance Student
Department: Financial Services Department
Employment Type: Temporary Full-time Position: May through August 2020
Salary: $17.98 + 4 % in lieu of vacation
Posted Date: February 25, 2020, 4:30 pm
Closing Date: March 15, 2020, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 26, 2020, 1:43 pm
The Financial Services Department at the City of Courtenay has an opening for a 4 month summer student. The successful candidate will provide assistance to the Finance Division.
The incumbent processes, reviews, and reconciles tax and utility payments and Home Owner Grant batches; processes all outgoing mail for City Hall; assists at the front counter; compiles overpayment data; and provides other basic clerical assistance.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12, or equivalency
- Enrolled in a Business Administration program, preferably majoring in Accounting; or related discipline at a post-secondary institution with plans to continue studies in the fall of 2020
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to understand and carry out job related instructions
This 4 month term position will start at the beginning of May and continue until the end of August 2020. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions of the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556. The current hourly wage rate is $17.98. An additional 4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation.
If the opportunity to gain work experience with a motivated Finance Team interests you, please submit a resume and cover letter below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those short listed will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.