Summer Team Leader Lifeguard/Instructor
Competition Number: 21011
Job Title: Summer Team Leader Lifeguard/Instructor
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services Department
Employment Type: Summer
Posted Date: February 25, 2021, 12:00 am
Closing Date: April 21, 2021, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: April 8, 2021, 9:28 am
Are you ready to dive into a new opportunity? An amazing season could be yours at the Courtenay & District Memorial Outdoor Pool. This popular Comox Valley attraction has been a staple in the summers of local children and families for generations. Let us know if you want to make a splash by applying for this job opportunity.
Exciting opportunities exist for temporary Team Leader Lifeguard/Instructors to assist in the overall operation of the outdoor pool including mechanical, pool chemistry, janitorial, and pool opening and closing; the direction and provision of aquatic instruction and recreation programming; supervision and training of staff and volunteers.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12 or equivalency
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Standard First Aid & CPR “C”
- Water Safety Instructor
- National Lifeguard Service
- Pool Operator Level 1 an asset
- Aquasize Certification or BCRPA Fitness Instructor an asset
- Minimum 2 years lifeguarding/instructing experience
- Staff supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of pool programming, pool chemistry and pool mechanics
- Knowledge of Health Act, WHMIS and WorksafeBC regulations
- Strong focus on teamwork, interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, conflict- resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Ability to prepare lesson plans, instruct and evaluate participants in a group setting.
- Ability to accurately count money and reconcile cash totals
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and work effectively and efficiently with other staff
- Physical ability to perform rescues of pool patrons, apply chemicals, set up deck equipment, etc
These positions are available May until September, 2021. Hours vary from part-time to full-time and include early mornings, days, evenings and weekends.
The wage rate is $20.00 per hour. An additional 4 % of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits.
Interested persons with the above qualifications should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – Team Lead Lifeguard/Instructor” no later than April 21, 2021, 2021 through the APPLY button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.