Team Leader Lifeguards
Competition Number: 20016
Job Title: Team Leader Lifeguards
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary: May 11, 2020 to September 5, 2020
Posted Date: February 14, 2020, 12:00 am
Closing Date: April 26, 2020, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: April 27, 2020, 5:59 am
Are you ready to dive into a new opportunity? An amazing summer season could be yours at the Courtenay & District Memorial Outdoor Pool. This popular Comox Valley attraction has been a staple in the summers of local children and families for generations. Let us know if you want to make a splash by applying for this job opportunity.
Exciting opportunities exist for temporary Team Leader Lifeguard/Instructors to assist in the overall operation of the outdoor pool including mechanical, pool chemistry, janitorial, and pool opening and closing; the direction and provision of aquatic instruction and recreation programming; supervision and training of staff and volunteers.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12 or equivalency
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Standard First Aid & CPR “C”
- Water Safety Instructor
- National Lifeguard Service
- Pool Operator Level 1 an asset
- Aquasize Certification or BCRPA Fitness Instructor an asset
- Minimum 2 years lifeguarding/instructing experience
- Staff supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of pool programming, pool chemistry and pool mechanics
- Knowledge of Health Act, WHMIS and WorksafeBC regulations
- Strong focus on teamwork
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, conflict- resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Ability to prepare lesson plans, instruct and evaluate participants in a group setting.
- Ability to accurately count money and reconcile cash totals
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and work effectively and efficiently with other staff
- Physical ability to perform rescues of pool patrons, apply chemicals, set up deck equipment, etc.
These positions are available with an anticipated start date in May until September 5, 2020. Hours vary from part-time to full-time and include days, evenings and weekends.
The wage rate is $20.00 per hour. An additional 4 % of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, submit a cover letter and resume below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those short listed will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.