Team Leader Lifeguards
Competition Number: 20016
Job Title: Team Leader Lifeguards
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary: May 11, 2020 to September 5, 2020
Posted Date: February 14, 2020, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 31, 2020, 12:43 pm
Last Modified: March 12, 2020, 12:43 pm
Are you ready to dive into a new opportunity? An amazing summer season could be yours at the Courtenay & District Memorial Outdoor Pool. This popular Comox Valley attraction has been a staple in the summers of local children and families for generations. Let us know if you want to make a splash by applying for this job opportunity.
Exciting opportunities exist for temporary Team Leader Lifeguard/Instructors to assist in the overall operation of the outdoor pool including mechanical, pool chemistry, janitorial, and pool opening and closing; the direction and provision of aquatic instruction and recreation programming; supervision and training of staff and volunteers.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12 or equivalency
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Standard First Aid & CPR “C”
- Water Safety Instructor
- National Lifeguard Service
- Pool Operator Level 1 an asset
- Aquasize Certification or BCRPA Fitness Instructor an asset
- Minimum 2 years lifeguarding/instructing experience
- Staff supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of pool programming, pool chemistry and pool mechanics
- Knowledge of Health Act, WHMIS and WorksafeBC regulations
- Strong focus on teamwork
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, conflict- resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Ability to prepare lesson plans, instruct and evaluate participants in a group setting.
- Ability to accurately count money and reconcile cash totals
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and work effectively and efficiently with other staff
- Physical ability to perform rescues of pool patrons, apply chemicals, set up deck equipment, etc.
These positions are available May 11 until September 5, 2020. Hours vary from part-time to full-time and include days, evenings and weekends.
The wage rate is $20.00 per hour. An additional 4 % of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, submit a cover letter and resume below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those short listed will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.