Learn more about the history of some of Courtenay's oldest neighbourhoods. The following display panels were created for the 2013 Heritage Faire.
- 40 Houses [PDF - 4.3 MB]
This neighbourhood, bordering 17th Street and the E & N Railroad property, was built in the late 1940s to house war veterans.
- Terminal Addition [PDF - 4.3 MB]
This subdivision at 5th Street and Menzies was registered in 1912, with construction occuring gradually over nearly a century. Although the train station seems some distance away, this neighbourhood is beside the old terminus of the train line, where freight, including livestock, was unloaded.
- Old Orchard [PDF - 2.5 MB]
Courtenay's oldest neighbourhood, created in 1892 with the subdivision of land owned by Joseph McPhee and Reginald Pidcock.