Water Discharge

In the event you need to discharge water into the City of Courtenay’s storm drainage system, you must first obtain an approval letter from the City’s Director of Public Works Services.

Application for Approval Process

At this time there is no application form.  Please follow the steps provided below.

  • Obtain a water analysis from a qualified Geotechnical Engineer.
  • Submit your request along with the water analysis and rate of discharge to the attention of the Director of Public Works Services:
    • By mail: Public Works Services Department, City of Courtenay, 1000 Piercy Avenue, Courtenay, BC, V9N 3E6
    • By email: publicworks@courtenay.ca
  • Once the Director of Public Works Services has reviewed the proposal, a letter will be issued either confirming or denying the request.

Application Related Forms