Road Permits

A Road Permit is required for any construction and related works on City of Courtenay public land, including:

  • Closing a roadway, trail or park to allow for construction to take place
  •  Blocking off sections of sidewalk to perform work on private property

Things to consider

In order for approval to be received, the applicant must provide:

  • Traffic Control Plan as per Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI) Traffic Control Guidlines indicating how traffic will be directed around the construction site (including pedestrian and vehicular traffic)
  • WorkSafe BC Letter of Good Standing
  • BC One Call Ticket Number  (when excavation required)
  • Valid Business Licence
  • Certificate of Insurance with $5,000,000.00 liability; City of Courtenay listed as an “Additional Insured;” and  a 30 Day Notice of Cancellation clause
  • Road Permit Application Form completed and signed
  • Permit fee of $100.00 paid in full

Permit related forms

For more information