Safety Plans, Guidelines and FAQ
The health and safety of our residents and staff is the top priority. We are offering a limited selection of low risk programs. Programs will operate with reduced capacity and activities may be increased or decreased based on demand and public safety.
All facilities and activities will meet strict health and safety guidelines as set out by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), Worksafe BC, Island Health and other appropriate industry associations.
Update April 9, 2021: Based on a recent update to Public Health Orders, masks are required for all participants in our facilities ages 12 & over. If unable to wear a mask, the participant will be required to maintain a 3m distance from other participants/staff. Also, as recommended by Island Health, we are strongly recommending masks for children 9 -12 years in all of our programs.
For detailed information read our FAQs:
Indoor Programming FAQ [PDF - 687 KB]
Our Safe Re-Start Guide [PDF - 2 MB] provides an overview of what you can expect in our recreation facilities during COVID-19. For more detailed information, check out the safety plans below.
Courtenay Recreation is following safety measures and specific guidelines to safely offer our fall programs.
- BCRPA Restarting Guidelines [PDF - 2 MB]
- BC Centre for Disease Control - Childcare Guidance [PDF - 439 KB] (for Cozy Corner Preschool)
- Gymnastics BC Guidelines (accessed through the VIAsport website)
- WorkSafe BC Child Care and Day Camps: Protocols for returning to operation
- Pickleball Rules & Guidelines [PDF - 207 KB]
- Receptionist Resuming Operations Safety Plan [PDF - 675 KB]
- COVID 19 Resuming Operations Safety Plan - Outdoor Fitness Personal Training [PDF - 565 KB]
- Wellness Centre Resuming Operations Safety Plan - Nov 23 [PDF - 494 KB]
- COVID 19 Resuming Operations Safety Plan - Cozy Corner [PDF - 790 KB]
- Indoor Programs Safety Plan update April 2021 [PDF - 704 KB]
- Custodial COVID 19 Resuming Operations Safety Plan [PDF - 683 KB]
- Outdoor Pool Safety Plan [PDF - 796 KB]