Do you need a fun and safe place for your kids this summer? Send them to Courtenay Recreation! Camps run all summer long from July 4 - September 2.
Summer Inclusion & Leisure Buddies:
These programs are for children who have extra support considerations. Those receiving services through the Ministry of Children and Family Development are eligible for our Summer Inclusion Program; those not accessing, or eligible for services through the Ministry are eligible for our Leisure Buddies Program.
Thank you to the Comox Valley Community Foundation for the support that enables us to provide the Leisure Buddies Program.
Any parents interested in these programs should contact the Lewis Centre (250-338-5371) and ask to speak to our Inclusion Supervisor, Laura McGrath or email email@example.com.
Helpful Tips for Parents/Caregivers:
Parents, we need your help to prepare your kids for camps! Please explain to your child how important it is to work with and listen to their leaders to help ensure a fun and safe camp experience. Some of the things to review are:
- Practice good hand hygiene, wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
- Stay home if you, or anyone in your household, are unwell.
- Use a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Stay well rested and get plenty of sleep before attending a program.
- Don't forget to apply sunscreen before attending a program and teach your child to be able to apply their own effectively.
- Parents, please do not enter the “camp zone” when dropping off and picking up your child.
- If your child is experiencing any stress or trauma outside of camp, please inform their Camp Leader or one of the camp contacts below. This will allow our staff to better understand your child and communicate more effectively with you should any behaviour changes occur.
Recreation staff are here to help! Call 250-338-5371 to reach Art & Leisure Assistant Manager Caleigh Ellis or Adapted and Inclusive Program Supervisor Laura McGrath.