Recreation Access & LEAP
The Recreation Access Program was designed to provide healthy lifestyle opportunities to residents of the City of Courtenay who live below statistics Canada Low Income Measurement after taxes.
Program benefits available for all eligible City of Courtenay Residents include:
- 52 free drop-ins (adults only - children & youth covered under LEAP)
- Annual Scholarships and discounts towards registered programs in the amounts of:
- Children: 75% $450
- Youth: 75% $400
- Adults: 50% $350
How do I apply?
Comox Valley Leisure for Everyone Accessibility Program (LEAP)
What is LEAP?
- It is a one year pilot program for regional financial access for children and youth
- Eligible for all children and youth 18 and under living in the Comox Valley
- Receive 52 free drop-ins for recreation programs at local government recreation centres in each of the following jurisdictions: Courtenay, Comox, CVRD and Cumberland
- Program covers all drop-in programs, services and activities open to youth including: swimming fitness, workout facilities, parent and tot programs The LINC youth Centre, skating, hockey and racquet sports.
- Eligibility is determined by statistics Canada Low Income Measurement after taxes
What do I need?
- Proof of City of Courtenay residency (i.e. driver’s license, utility bill)
- B.C. Care cards for yourself and each of your dependents.
- New this year; application forms have been simplified onto one form for all Municipal financial access programs, and LEAP
- Visit any Comox Valley Recreation Centre to complete your application