Recreation Access & LEAP
The Recreation Access Program was designed to provide healthy lifestyle opportunities to residents of the City of Courtenay who live below statistics Canada Low Income Measurement after taxes.
Program benefits available for all eligible City of Courtenay Residents include:
- LEAP punchcard, entitling you to 52 free drop-ins to Courtenay Recreation drop-in programs & services
- Annual Scholarships and discounts towards registered programs in the amounts of:
- Children: 75% $450
- Youth: 75% $400
- Adults: 50% $350
How do I apply?
Comox Valley Leisure for Everyone Accessibility Program (LEAP)
What is LEAP?
NEW for 2023: LEAP regional pilot has been extended an additional year and now also includes all ages!
- Is into its second year pilot program for regional financial access anyone living in the Comox Valley
- Receive 52 free drop-ins for recreation programs at local government recreation centres in each of the following jurisdictions: Courtenay, Comox, CVRD and Cumberland
- Program covers all drop-in programs, services and activities open to drop-in including: swimming, fitness, Wellness Centre, parent and tot programs, The LINC Youth Centre, skating and more!
- Eligibility is determined by statistics Canada Low Income Measurement after taxes
What do I need?
- Proof of City of Courtenay residency (i.e. driver’s license, utility bill)
- B.C. Care cards for yourself and each of your dependents.
- Visit any Comox Valley Recreation Centre to complete your application