Registration Policy and Guidelines
- All registrations are processed on a first come first serve basis.
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- Fees are to be paid in full at the time of registration.
- Courtenay Recreation reserves the right to make cancellations or changes as necessary.
- G.S.T. will be charged on all programs with participants over the age of 14 and on all field and facility rentals. Program participants 14 years and under are not subject to tax, with the exception of all drop-in programs. Some exceptions may apply.
- A $20 handling charge will be collected on N.S.F. cheques.
- Please read receipts carefully for information on dates, times, supplies, etc
Refunds may be issued under the following circumstances:
- A full or pro-rated refund will be given if a class is cancelled, or for medical reasons with a doctor’s note.
- Pro-rated refunds will be provided after the first class, based on the date of notification.
- No refunds will be done online. Refund requests must be made in person or by phone.
- Requests for refunds will be processed with a full refund up to FIVE days before the start of the program. After this time, an administrative fee of $8 will be charged.
- Refunds will not be approved after a program has ended.
- Please allow up to 3 weeks for cheque refunds to be processed.
- Please note there may be exceptions (eg. Cozy Corner Preschool, programs of short duration, workshops, etc.).
- All punch passes are non-refundable.
- Wellness Centre Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
5 easy ways to register for Courtenay Recreation programs:
- In person at the Lewis or Florence Filberg Centres.
First Come, First Served
(no sign in sheets or numbers)
- By Phone: 250-338-5371 or 250-338-1000.
- By Fax: 250-338-8600 or 250-338-0303. Use the registration form. [PDF - 260 KB]
- By Mail: Use the registration form. [PDF - 260 KB]
- Online Registration
Please note: No Email registrations accepted