Home Owner Grant
Municipalities can no longer accept home owner grant applications.
There are no changes to program eligibility requirements.
How to apply?
Eligible B.C. homeowners can apply for the 2021 homeowner grant now:
- Apply 24/7 online: gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant
- Apply with an agent: Toll-free at 1 888 355-2700
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm
- Apply 24/7* using a voice recognition application:
Toll-free at 1 888 355-2700
Homeowners can use the voice recognition application if:
- The eligible home is a principal residence, and
- The application is for a basic or additional grant
City of Courtenay Residents
Property tax notices were mailed on May 27, 2021. To claim your Home Owner grant now, you will need:
- Social Insurance Number
- Jurisdiction number (204 for Courtenay)
- 8-digit roll/account number (find this on your current or prior year tax notice, or look up your property on the BC Assessment website - see samples below)
Find your roll/account number on your tax notice*:
*Please note: Many municipalities, including Courtenay, have nine (9) digit roll/account numbers. The Province of B.C. Home Owner Grant allows for eight (8) digits. All City of Courtenay roll/account numbers will be accepted once the first zero is dropped.
Find your roll/account number on the BC Assessment website: