OCP Advisory Committee
Courtenay's Official Community Plan Advisory Committee (OCP-AC) provides Council with meaningful, integrated, technical input on a range of community issues related to the creation of the City of Courtenay climate-friendly OCP.
The Committee provides technical guidance at key project milestones on long-term planning principles, policy development and ideas for partnership, and acceleration of implementation strategies that support the ultimate goal of reducing community greenhouse gas emissions and adapting to climate change.
The OCP-AC is comprised of individuals who represent the following topic areas:
- Environmental Stewardship Organizations
- Development Industry
- Business Community
- Economic Development
- Health and Social Services including Housing
- Arts and Culture
- Youth and/or young adult representation (Grade 11 and up, aged 25 years and under), and seniors/older adult representation
Meetings take place at City Hall Council Chambers, 830 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay.
|Meeting Date & Time
Tuesday, February 4, 2020
5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
|Agenda [PDF - 193 KB]|
Friday, November 1, 2019
(committee introductions and orientation)
Information regarding the OCP-Advisory Committee:
- Applicants must reside, be employed, own a business, be enrolled in a school, be a board member of a non profit organization that operates within Courtenay, and/or own or have interest in property within the City of Courtenay.
- Members shall be appointed to the Committee for the full duration of the OCP update, which is approximated to be 16 months (until December 2020).
- Meetings will occur on an as needed basis in support of key project milestones. It is a anticipated that approximately 6 meetings will be required. The first meeting is scheduled for November 1, 2019. The subsequent 5 meetings are anticipated to be within the following general timeframes. Please note that more or fewer meetings may ultimately be required:
- Late January or early February 2020
- Early or mid April 2020
- Late April or May 2020
- July or August 2020
- November or December 2020
- The OCP-AC is appointed by and reports recommendations directly to Council. City staff will provide support in arranging, facilitating and documenting the meetings.
- All OCP-AC meetings are open to the public.
- Members shall serve without remuneration.
- Meetings will take place at Courtenay City Hall at a mutually agreeable time for all Committee members.
- Staff Report: 2019-10-21 OCP Advisory Committee Selection [PDF - 6 MB]
(Includes list of successful applicants to the OCP Advisory Committee)