Courtenay’s 2022 Annual Report Available for Review and Feedback
June 14, 2023
The City of Courtenay has released the draft 2022 Annual Report highlighting progress during the year on Council’s 2019-2022 strategic priorities, as well as the audited financial statements.
The annual report is available at www.courtenay.ca/annualreport. Paper copies also are available at City Hall.
Highlights from 2022 included:
- Adopting Courtenay’s new Official Community Plan, as well as new Water and Sewer Master Plans
- Completing a Joint Aquatics Services Strategy in partnership with the Comox Valley Regional District
- Finalizing the concept plan for McPhee Meadows
- Supporting the installation of the new Guardian Pole at the Courtenay Riverway and the work of the K’ómoks Guardian Watchmen
- Expanding the active transportation network with improvements on the 17th Street corridor
The City’s 2019-2022 Strategic Priorities included organizational and governance excellence, Courtenay’s natural and built environment, vibrant economic development, multi-modal transportation, housing diversity and reasoned land-use planning, and investing in key relationships.
The Province of BC's Community Charter requires that all municipalities prepare an annual report before June 30th each year.
The report will be considered at the June 28, 2023, Council meeting at 4 p.m. in the CVRD Civic Room, 770 Harmston Avenue, Courtenay. To provide feedback please email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail City of Courtenay Corporate Services, 830 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, BC, V9N 2J7 by Friday, June 23 at 12 p.m.